Friday, September 10, 2010

Little Bit o' This, Little Bit O' That

Okay, okay...I don't do these things much so bear with me a bit while I get the hang of this shit. And if you don't care for it, well, it was Jc's idea, she's to blame. Yep, that's where I'll put it. If it turns out all right then, she'll get a pat on the back instead of a kick in the ass, (that she probably deserves anyway...)

My bio pretty much says it all. I'm a single mom, blah blah, two kids great and annoying both at the same time. Love them, too much of me in them and they are stubborn as hell.

I work as a book keeper and I'm numerically dyslexic, YAY! Found that out about six months after starting the job. I always knew math was never my strong suit, and now I know its because of that. Oh well, I still hate numbers and math, good thing I write, huh?

Writing is an escape for me. I enjoy it and my tastes are wide and varied in the authors I read to the things I write. For the most part my stuff is paranormal, then more recently I've branched into the paranormal romance. I have some contemporary stuff. I've been told some of my latest work borders on erotica...*sigh* but the scenes rock, LOL. I just write what strikes me at the moment and stepped way outside my comfort zone with my latest story 'The Valor of a Woman'. It's a contemporary romance that grabs you by the heart strings and takes you through wide and varied emotions and definitely at least a half a Kleenex box read. Kimra Valor is one of those characters you just instantly love. But it isn't one of those happy sigh inducing love stories and it doesn't have a happy ending.

The series I'm working on revolves around Were-creatures and its a paranormal romance, massive crits to go through to get it straightened out and in the process of procrastinating is when "The Valor of a Woman' hit me about one a.m. one morning and wouldn't let me go. Two months later back in the same boat...do a complete rewrite...again? Or fix what's wrong? I'm leaning towards rewriting some things and fixing others, but we'll see when I finally get my lazy ass to that point, won't we? And spawning off of that will be a Guardian series. Once I get back into doing the crits and working on Walker's Run I'll give more details on them.

But I have lots of other shit in my vacuum cleaner box full of stories that I will one day go through and look back at. (Seriously my first 20 stories are hand written in binders stuffed in a vacuum cleaner box in a storage unit about six hours from here.) I've got tween and teen stuff as well as a total fantasy and a contemporary romance series and a vampire trilogy somewhere, LOL. A female serial killer written in first person. The list goes on. Forty-two plus stories and counting.

Okay this is enough. I didn't feel like ranting tonight, give me time and I'll give you an eye full of shit one night when the mood strikes.

--Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment