Friday, December 5, 2014

Excerpt from Blind Walker, A Sanctuary Novel, Book IV

Want an excerpt from Blind Walker, Book IV in the Sanctuary Series? Meet Jaxon Naylor, a blind war-vet.



From Blind Walker, A Sanctuary Novel, Book IV
Blind Walker © 2014 by Mel Favreaux
Releasing 12.12.2014

The sound of the covers rustling drifted through the living room. Jax was awake. 

She pinched her eyes shut. How long had he been listening?

“Get yourselves situated, and I’ll send Amber over to pick you up within an hour.”

She grabbed Braedyn’s arm when he turned for the door. “Braedyn, when I leave, he’ll be blind again.”

The muscles in his jaw jumped, and he narrowed his eyes on hers. “Swear to me, when this is all over, you’ll fix this between you and the Pantheress.”

Sighing, she let go and nodded. “I know, and I’m trying. My fear is that I’ve waited too long. But with Jax to soothe her, I don’t run the risk of going rogue anymore. Not so long as I know he’s safe.”

He put a large hand on her shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. “I never once feared you going rogue, Iris. I wouldn’t have let you go to L.A. alone if I had. You’re part of my family.” Clearing his throat, he nodded. “Like I said, I’ll send Amber over to pick you up within an hour.”

“Thank you, Braedyn.” She closed her eyes and let out a deep breath when the door closed behind him.

Pinching the bridge of her nose, she walked back toward the bedroom. Jax was lying on his back, his unseeing eyes directed toward the ceiling. As she neared, he blinked a few times and a warm smile lifted the edges of his mouth. Her heart thudded in her chest when he turned to face her.

“There you are.” His entire expression lit up when his gaze settled on her.

A small shiver ran through her. “I hope you never stop looking at me like this,” she breathed, sliding into the bed and curling up next to him.


He grinned and stroked a few strands of hair behind her ear. “You’re the light in my darkness, Iris. Regardless of whether I keep my vision or not, I will always smile when you’re near.”

No comments:

Post a Comment